[GLLUG] Off the shelf "Smart Home" devices

John Hearns hearnsj at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 10:51:20 UTC 2024

I guess you could start here https://www.home-assistant.io/
I use Alexa enabled devices. You do need a Zigbee hub for a lot of devices,
this is a low power network.
I have the stupidity of having two hubs, one for lights one for heating.
I was in a conversation at FOSDEM regarding a new standard for
wireless home networking, Matter
Dont know much about it
https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2024/01/25/matter-livestream-blog/