[GLLUG] British Gas DKIM failure?

Marco van Beek mvanbeek at supporting-role.co.uk
Fri Jan 12 16:20:34 UTC 2024

Hi,

So first of all, as far as I can see, British Gas's DMARC policy is set
to "reject".

BUT, the email is actually coming from MailJet, from the limited info
below. I think what you need to check if you can, is what the name of
the DKIM signature they are using actually is, and maybe that will give
you some more info. I also can't see any reference to MailJet in their
SPF, but my guess is that they are using MailJet in the envelope and
then British Gas in the header.

And no, what MX toolbox can do in terms of DKIM is limited. It can look
up the key, but that is about it. The DKIM tester I use require you to
send them a test email, which you can't do.

So yes, there is a DKIM key for mailjet in their DNS, but no idea if
they are using it correctly.

I suggest grepping your logs for "2F7612233E" as that should pull up all
the the info related to that email from the point Postfix accepts the
connection until it closes, and see if that tells you some more.

Regards,

Marco