[Gloucs] Linux demo CD

Keith Edmunds keith at midnighthax.com
Tue Dec 30 10:27:02 GMT 2003

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 10:19:44 +0000
Mark Trotman <mark at armscroft.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> The only thing I can think of is that I
> don't use SCSI devices on this box (and neither does my father).

Are you saying that you have SCSI devices that you don't use, or that
you don't have them at all? If the former then - if you suspect that
they are a problem - remove them. If the latter, then it isn't that that
is causing a problem - 99% of home PCs don't have SCSI on them.

I suggest you build a tomsrtbt bootable Linux floppy
(http://www.toms.net/rb/) and see if that boots. That will at least show
that Linux will run on there, and if it doesn't boot you have more
chance to find out why.

Keith