[Gloucs] Sound Problems with Soundblaster Live

Mike Surtees gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Feb 17 19:04:01 2003

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble with the sound on my system and was hoping someon=
e=20
might know whats going wrong!

I'm running SuSE 8.1 and the s/card is A SB Live! Platinum with a Live Dr=
ive=20
2.  YAST2 has found and configured the card.  I can play CD's and MP3's f=
rom=20
the HDD. However, when KDE tries to play a "system" sound only the first=20
"note" of the sound plays and repeats 20 times.

While I can live without the beeps'n'farts its an anoying niggle that I w=
ould=20
like to sort out.

I suspect the problem lies with the Live Drive, as I have had SB live wor=
king=20
perfectly before under suse 7.2.  A dally with google doesn't turn anythi=
ng=20
up, and neither has the Suse support database.

Any help or ideas appreciated or the thing is going into the wifes MS box=
,=20
which would be a shame (sort of like admitting defeat :-(   )

Cheers

Mike