[Gloucs] IPCop and p2p

jinxy1 at nildram.co.uk jinxy1 at nildram.co.uk
Fri Jan 16 14:27:57 GMT 2004

Lo all,

Having finally gotten IPCop working (things tried their best to stop me) I'm
having a problem with port forwarding.

First I best explain how it's working. I am now using my (useless) router as
a modem but to do so you need to use DHCP, basically you set minimal range
and then the router gives the NIC the real (outside world) IP. However IPCop
is reporting it as the local IP but it is working anyway (RED). Sounds more
complex than it is. ;)

So RED is 192.168.x.x it connects to the router as a normal modem (I hope)
And Green is 10.x.x.x

Now I've tried forwarding port 4662 for MLDonkey but it is still being
blocked for incoming connections. I've also played with 'external service
access' but still no joy.

Has anyone got this working or any idea what silly thing I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.