[Gloucs] Nvidia Driver and Debian 4.0

Richard Dawe rich at phekda.gotadsl.co.uk
Thu Jul 19 12:46:23 BST 2007

Hi Christian,

Christian Trapp wrote:
> seems I am a little bit in a tricky situation. Nvidia does not support
> my Gforce2 Ti anymore (only with older drivers) and with the newer
> Kernels I cannot compile a module with the older still working graphic
> driver.
>
> But thank you for your ideas and the links, I keep on trying to find a
> solution.

Do they have an archive of old drivers?

I used a patched version of NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-8178-pkg2.run on
Fedora Core 5 with my x86_64, and perhaps on Fedora Core 6 too (which
shipped with 2.6.18). Perhaps you could try the i386 version of that?

You could also try Nouveau <http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/>, which
is a Free Software NVidia 3D driver. It looks hard to install.

I tried the version of Nouveau shipped with Fedora 7 on my laptop, and
it didn't work very well, so I switched back to the 2D-only "nv" driver.

Bye, Rich =]

--
Richard Dawe [ http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~phekda/richdawe/ ]

"You just amass stuff while you are alive. It's like stuff washed up
 on a beach somewhere, and that somewhere is you." -- Damien Hirst