[Gloucs] Andy's rant.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 22 12:54:57 UTC 2009

Steve Searle wrote:
> Around 11:48am on Sunday, November 22, 2009 (UK time), Geoff Bagley scrawled:
>

>> He  has a Kodak digital camera that is NOT Linux friendly -  (no
>> problems with my Canon).
>>

> Have you googled the camera model to see if there are any distos it
> works with?
Not yet.  I'll have to wait till he gets back tonight from  the GWR at
Winchcombe.

> Fedora supports my Canon, and has supported various USB
> phones I have connected.

Debian supports my Canon very well,  also my SIP phone (aka the funny
phone).

>> He also wants to use YouTube and also to download stuff from various
>> Linux-unfriendly sites.
>>

> Can you give some examples of problem sites.  I use youtube without any
> problems?

Certainly we have problems with anything on the BBC radio and TV sites.
There are many sites that only cater for Windows and Macs.

I will return to this when I have done some homework.

Geoff