[Gloucs] Debian updates.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 29 08:17:29 UTC 2010

Many thanks Andrew.

I tried  LXDE,  but prefer Gnome.  Lynda is willing to give it a go !

I also find that my current KDE favourites  Konsole,  Kate  (for writing
Pascal and Postscript ),  Kile (for writing LaTeX)
are  all  still available via  Alt-f2 or "run".

I think that upgrades to major software such as KDE should be
evolutionary,  and should not  not have revolutionary changes  of function.

I want to use my Debian,  without  having to provide a playground for
other peoples eye-candy,  themes,  wall-paper and "plasmoids"
(whatever they may be).

I do have Gnome experience,  having set up two laptops with Ubuntu  KK
and then LL.  I think that I  shall get to like it.

Good-bye KDE,  which I first used on SuSE before Debian Woody came out.

Thanks for the guidance.

Geoff.