[Herefordshire] Hello,I'm new here

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 26 21:11:23 BST 2004

Hello,

> Looks like I missed the October meet. Would you put me on your mailing
> list so I get notice of when and where etc.
>
> Now have Fedora Core1 installed; stand back in awe....so far its taken
> me allday to find out its mp3 and dvd players are disabled by yankee
> paranoia; any one out there got media for mplayer and xmms for mp3?
>
> Hope tosee you allsoon
>
> Pete H@

Hi Pete

Thanks for joining us. Yes the October Meeting was last week - still
only three weeks till the next one ;-)

Fedora yes - they are a bit paranoid re certain licences.
Firstly, you may be better off with Fedora Core 2 - wont help with your
media problems, but at least you would have a fully up to date distro !

I'm a Mandrake user myself but getting disillusioned with it. Trying
Ubuntu - downloading at the moment.

I'm sure if you google for fedora and mplayer rpms, you'll find what you
need or try

http://rpm.pbone.net - I havent tried it myself for fedora rpms - but
has thousands of rpm's for loads of distros.

Good luck, with Fedora, and fun with Linux !!