[HLUG] Ubuntu 6.04 initial specification/General Linux Usability

Adrian Lowe adrian at datal.co.uk
Mon Nov 14 22:11:49 GMT 2005

As another newbie, I agree.

whilst I was using Solaris 10 this week to see how this performs, getting
file sharing switched on was a real issue when logged in as a 'user'.

so I thought I would try Mandriva Linux 2006 - great intuitive installation
- however, still no luck in getting file sharing to work.

If any one has advice on how to switch this on and activate the ability for
'users' to do this on their own folders I would greatly appreciate some help

Regards,

Adrian

  _____