[Herts] I'm interested in the pub meet on Wednesday

herts@mailman.lug.org.uk herts at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jun 3 15:41:01 2003

Lexx,

re: "Will anyone be there?
Any idea how to get there from Hemel Hempstead?"

I'm going from Hemel Hempstead but will then be heading North.  I have been
once before, they are a friendly bunch and well worth the detour.

Your best bet is to use multimap or similar, see http://herts.lug.org.uk
for a link, because the pub is awkward to find if you are driving the first
time: Most roads seem to drive round the 'Old Town' though I got there so
anyone can :->

I last went M10, A414, A1 north to Stevenage but you could also go M1 to
Luton then A505, A602 depending on which traffic queues you prefer.

http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/planner_main.jsp can build you some
suggested routes between Hemel and Stevenage (old town).

If you are not driving I could give you a lift there but getting back is
subject to negotiation!  Via train would go via London and a couple of
changes.  I have no idea whether buses run between Stevenage and Hemel.

If you want a lift please call me on 01442 849 704 (office) or 07905 009
628 (Virgin mobile).

Tony Tibbenham

This e-mail message and all documents which accompany it
are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
addressed, and may contain privileged or confidential information.
Any unauthorized disclosure or distribution of this e-mail message
is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in error,
please notify the sender and delete this from all computers.