[Herts] Linux as a music workstation

James Ogley james.ogley at pinnacle.co.uk
Tue Oct 28 09:29:50 GMT 2003

> I'm a Linux user from Croxley (The other end of Herts).

I know it well

> Has anyone out there experimented with Rosegarden (Linux sequencer
> software) or any good sound editors? I have the Alsa drivers for a
> Creative Live Platinum chirping along quite happily but haven't really
> explored the sequencing side of things.

I saw it exhibited at last year's Linux Expo - looked pretty
incredible.  Also, apparently SUSE 9.0 comes with a whole bunch of
professional sound software which they developed mostly in-house - this
is just from a cursory glance at the review in the new Linux Format mag
- maybe you should pick up a copy.

> Any Linux users in the Watford area please feel free to get in touch.
> None of my friends understand my enthusiasm for this system :-(

There are plenty of Linux users in and around Watford, myself included,
and there are quite a few at my church too.

When it comes to winning friends over, have you tried demonstrating to
them how they can do pretty well everything to do with Windows a lot
better and a lot cheaper with Linux?

James
--
James Ogley, Unix Systems Administrator, Pinnacle Insurance Plc
Work: james.ogley at pinnacle.co.uk www.pinnacle.co.uk +44 (0) 20 8731 3619

CONFIDENTIALITY.This e-mail and any attachments are
confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the
named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and
do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any
purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them to
be the views of Pinnacle Insurance plc.

If you have received this email in error please immediately
notify the Pinnacle Helpdesk on +44 (0) 20 8207 9555.

www.mimesweeper.com