[Herts] FW: Herts LUG News - New Venue 1st December - Broadhall Comunity Centre Stevenage

Mr. Spock spock at canopus22.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 8 00:09:09 GMT 2004

On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 09:48:48PM -0000, nicolas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Bill Copeland has found us a new venue to try, with a nice room so we
> can setup PC's etc. Links on http://herts.lug.org.uk/

Great stuff. I'm CC'ing this message to the Lusty people of LUton and
ST. Albans, who are most welcome if it's not too far...

I just wanted to add that the User Group HOWTO was recently updated:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/User-Group-HOWTO.html

And some more inspiring reading from Rick Moen:

Recipe for a Successful Linux User Group
http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Linux_PR/newlug.html

> So suggestions please for what you would like to bring, see etc.

I'll bring my LCD panel to hook up to a PC.
(Nicolas, I'll email you my XF86Config-4 file...)

> Next Meeting - A New Venue
>
> Date : First Wednesday Of The Month. (Next Meeting 1st December) Time :
> 7:30 pm onwards.
>
> Venue: Broadhall Community Centre Stevenage (Multimap)
>
> There is a bar, and we have hired a meeting room with tables, chairs and
> power for the evening. Various versions of Linux will be in attendance!
> As we have hired the room a small donation towards this cost would be
> appreciated, £1.50 is suggested. More news soon.
>
> If you have any questions, please contact me directly.
> We look forward to seeing you!
>
> Nicolas

Cheers,
--