[Herts] Digital Cameras with Linux

nicolas nicolas at nicolasassociates.com
Sun Dec 25 13:07:45 GMT 2005

Hi,

Just a few quick thoughts.

I have done a lot of photography over the years, but only a little
digital. So bearing that in mind.. The only digital cameras I have used
have been Canons, the XP software for the compacts was / is poor,
interestingly the Linux versions were better. These cameras needed extra
software as they did not support "file" USB access, however I suspect
most more modern cameras do. In that case it is just a USB drive.
Although a reader maybe easier.

Handling - I agree all the digital compact cameras I have seen..
Certainly until recently have VERY poor handling. What I call real
cameras, they are not.. Had the designers forgotten a hundred years of
camera design.. it is as if the guy who designed walkmans was asked to
build a camera.. Having never seen one... Groan....

Sounds like you need a digital EOS very jolly and nearly real camera
handling

YMMV

More later

Regards