[Herts] January Meeting - A quick summary

Mr. Spock spock at canopus22.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 8 11:06:39 GMT 2005

On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 09:12:26AM +0000, Neil Youngman wrote:
> At the January meeting we had around a dozen people, 3 laptops and 2
> desktop PCs.
>
> One of the desktops appeared to be running SuSE and during the meeting we
> installed Mandrake 10.1 and a demo version of Crossover Office on the other
> desktop PC. This resulted in the scary sight of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
> IE5 running on a Linux PC.

(*shudder*)
Is that legal? It seems to defy the known laws of physics, Captain :-)

I also mentioned the threat of Software Patents, following a meeting
I'd attended at the DTI last month. For more info, see:

http://www.canopus22.demon.co.uk/issues/patents.htm
http://www.canopus22.demon.co.uk/words/journal/2004-12.html#dtimeetings

Cheers
--