[Herts] RE: 36GB SCSI Drives

Mr. Spock spock at canopus22.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 8 07:58:22 BST 2005

On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 06:52:26PM +0100, Mr. Spock wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 11:30:48PM +0100, nicolas wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a couple of Ultra 320 SCSI Fujitsu 36GB drives. I don't know if
> > they work. I wondered if anyone might be interested in testing them,
> > loaning me a control card, suggesting a cheap one, making me an offer
> > for them or whatever!!!
> >
> I'll try and bring my machine to Wednesday's meeting which has an
> Ultra160 SCSI card in; it won't run at 320MB/s, but the disks would
> never put out that much anyway, so it will be ample to test if they
> work or not. Then you can decide what to do with them.
>
> I'm just upgrading it from Sarge to DeMuDi, so hopefully it will all
> work OK, even if not singing and dancing quite yet ;-)

Wow, it's not singing but certainly dancing. Very impressive software!
I still have to fix GRUB and some window manager issues, but it works.
I can show you a limited demo of Ardour and other pro-audio software,
albeit without sound. The sound will have to wait until I can invite
you all (well, as many as I can fit in!) over here once I've got it
patched into my studio.

Bye
--
Malc (On Cloud 9 :-)