[Herts] Anyone going to LugRadio Live?

Mr. Spock spock at canopus22.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 24 00:51:40 BST 2005

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 09:22:02AM +0100, Steve Clark wrote:

> I'm not planning on going, but they have some interesting speakers
>
> http://lugradio.org/live/2005/
>
> This coming Saturday in Wolverhampton.

Maybe if I find the strength... (a hectic week). I'd like to see Ian Bell
talking at 2:15pm about his seminal Beeb game ELITE, in which I spent
most of my youth ;-) Rufus Pollock is also one clever guy who I met at
the DTI Software Patents meeting last December.

> My personal Linux news is that my success with my ALSA sound at the last
> meeting was only partial. I have to run alsaconf every session to get it
> working.

Not sure about this, sorry. The ALSA mailing list/archives may know:

http://www.alsa-project.org/

> I'm also having problems getting my scanner to work (Epson
> Perfection 610 USB).

I can't remember what distro you're running, but here's the SANE docs:

http://www.sane-project.org/man/sane-epson.5.html
http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-EPSON
http://khk.net/sane/

> Is anyone else volunteering to do a talk some time?

One day when I've got music gear set up I'll demo Ardour and other audio
software.

Bye
--
Malc