[Herts] Herts LUG Meeting Wednesday 12th July.

Jon Veal jon at veal.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 10 19:34:38 BST 2006

Hello all,

Been lurking on this email list for a long time now. Although I live
in Stevenage I have never been able to make it to a meeting due to
working in London, however I should be able to make this Wednesday. I
used Linux almost exclusively between 93 and 2002 but then switched
to Apple and Mac OS X. I now have the time to look at Linux again and
would be interested in seeing where an up to date distribution has
gotten to in the last 4 years (I haven't really kept up to date with
the Linux world lately). Current plan is to take a miniITX box I have
stick a big hard drive in it and use it as a file server for backups.
Longer term I am interested in getting some of my data that is in
proprietary mac format (iPhoto library in particular) and being able
to archive it in a more generic format.

One last thing - your email doesn't specify where the meeting is! If
some could let me know location and any entry costs/requirements that
would be great!

Thanks
Jon