[Herts] HertsLUG attendee featured in Daily Mail

Ian Gregory yahoo at zenatode.org.uk
Thu Jul 13 11:51:30 BST 2006

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 05:06:14PM +0100, Terrence Houlahan wrote:

> Mister famous here ;->.  I was trying to make tonight's meeting, but I'm
> trying to get a bunch of things knocked-out before taking off on
> Saturday morning for Nijmegen for vacation (if you call walking 120
> miles in (4) days a "vacation"...).  One of the things I have to bang
> out is a quote for a email server (running squirrelmail, clamAV,
> SpamAssassin & Open-Xchange) and an Apache 2.0 webserver.  I've been so
> busy fighting my one-man war against the Probation Service, all my other
> shit has fallen well behind.

Good luck on the walk. A few weeks ago I did the Welsh three thousanders
again, a 30 mile walk taking in all 15 3,000 foot peaks in Wales. With
11,000 feet of ascent it took us about 20 hours start to finish, about
17 from the top of the first peak to the top of the last one, which is
the "official" time for record attempts etc. Last time I did it about
15 years ago I managed it in about 13 hours but I was more competitive
then (as well as fitter, reluctant as I may be to admit it!).

> If I make good progress, I'm going to try to make the Lonix meeting
> tomorrow in London.  They're always a lot of fun (and a lot of beer more
> importantly).  Maybe I'll see some of the Stevenage massive there.

I won't be able to make it.

> BTW, don't post anything with my email address on any lists or groups;
> spambots harvest addresses from those and it's risk with no reward.

I always try to avoid exposing email address, and not just my own, so
no worries there from my end.

Cheers,
Ian

--