[Herts] HertsLUG attendee featured in Daily Mail

Ian Gregory yahoo at zenatode.org.uk
Thu Jul 13 12:15:49 BST 2006

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 12:09:29PM +0100, Steve Clark wrote:

> Ian Gregory wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 05:06:14PM +0100, Terrence Houlahan wrote:
> >> BTW, don't post anything with my email address on any lists or groups;
> >> spambots harvest addresses from those and it's risk with no reward.
> >
> > I always try to avoid exposing email address, and not just my own, so
> > no worries there from my end.
>
> Addresses get displayed on
>
> http://mailman.lug.org.uk/pipermail/herts/
>
> in an only slightly obfuscated form.

I know, but that is unavoidable if you want to post to the list.
However, all my list subscriptions use the yahoo at zenatode address
which I only use for lists. If it escapes into the wild and becomes
a serious problem that overwhelms other available anti-spam measures
I will just change all my subscription addresses to something new
and stop accepting email for yahoo at zenatode.

Ian

--
Ian Gregory
http://www.zenatode.org.uk/ian/