[Herts] Sound talk

spock at canopus22.demon.co.uk spock at canopus22.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 9 20:15:12 BST 2007

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 04:27:22PM +0100, Steve Clark wrote:
> David Honour wrote:
> > The way I was thinking it would go was that this one would be very much a sort
> > of produce a recording evening, and, afterwards go back into what is involved
> > at each step.
>
> > BTW my rig can't take normal pc speakers as it has phono jack inputs/outputs
> > and the PA is partly to double as a mic input since I have no mic preamp.
>
> I can supply a phono to speakers cable. We might get some worried looks
> if we start humping big PA speakers into our room. I've got a little DJ
> mixer that can be a mic preamp or Malc may have something better.

OK I've just talked to David. I'll bring my mic preamps, mics+stands
and a ten-way power conditioner, plus some percussion.

If anyone has any of the following you can bring, please say:

- a projector (*hint* Tony ;-) or >19" monitor

- some non-lame powered speakers that can amplify a stereo signal,
  to save David having to bring a PA.

- kettle power leads MALE--->FEMALE, the type you'd plug a monitor into
  a PC power supply with - we need ten if poss.

Cheers
--
Malc
http://www.thesmith.org.uk/