[Herts] Sound talk

David Honour thegoatee at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Jul 12 17:52:45 BST 2007

Thankyou to everyone who came.

Also, thanks to Malcolm for his help with the evening.

Steve has kindly hosted the ogg file and mailed the link to the list.

For those of you who couldn't make it this was completely unrehearsed. All
who were present and wished to join in played percussion, and I did the bass
on the keyboard and the guitar.

It was recorded in Ardour ( http://ardour.org/ ), The virtual wiring was
managed by qjackctl ( http://qjackctl.sf.net/ ) and it
was mastered in Jamin ( http://jamin.sourceforge.net ).

There is a blues brothers demo that I will master with the solo from the
night. It was produced using rosegarden ( http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/ )
for MIDI, Hydrogen ( http://hydrogen.sourceforge.net/ ) for drums, Fluidsynth
( http://www.fluidsynth.org/ ) with Qsynth ( http://qsynth.sf.net/ ) as its
frontend for the brass (Zemljak_Overture soundfont).

For the Gentoo users amongst you these apps are available from the pro-audio
overlay.

P.S. Please say if there's anything I forgot.

David