[Herts] Mashing up the LUG

Tony Friis tony-lug at friis.co.uk
Tue Jul 24 15:17:09 BST 2007

I agree we should get the website going.

Should we not first decide where our main site will be.
I had the impression that the LUG site we are using is a bit fragile and
we may not have the control we would like.

I notice that the domain name " hertslug.org.uk " (without the dot) is
available. perhaps we should use a bit of our cash to grab it and get
full control of what we want - pointing to it from the main lug site.
We'd then also have control over the subdomains, I'm sure we could find
a use for them.

I'd like to see a wiki style facility ASAP and would be happy to help
set up a moinmoin wiki if that's acceptable. (I need to do it anyway for
another purpose).
If not that then lets start a Google group for the interim, which
includes a mailing list and a sort of a wiki. Again I'm happy to
contribute the effort. On the other hand perhaps some of Steve's
suggestions include these facilities already.

I think the next step is to put together a specific proposal, which we
can get agreement on for implementation.

Tony

PS Openstreetmap seems to have gone a bit nuts in Aston (S.E.Stevanage)