[Herts] RE - Herts Linux User Group Meeting - Wednesday 13th June

spock at canopus22.demon.co.uk spock at canopus22.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 23 13:25:15 BST 2007

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 08:28:09AM +0100, Steve Clark wrote:
> nicolas wrote:
> > Everyone: Suggestions for a talk demo etc for Wednesdays Meeting?
>
> I just had a thought about this. Some people might not want to do a full
> talk at a meeting and may not be able to bring a PC to demonstrate. So
> how about people volunteering to talk for 5-10 minutes on whatever they
> are playing with at the moment that may be of interest to the group. It
> may be some new application they have discovered. This sort of happens
> informally when people get together and chat at the meetings, but not
> everyone will get to hear it.
>
> I can do 5 minutes on Jokosher (multi-track audio recorder) this week.
> Perhaps a couple of other people can do some other topics.

1000 apologies for missing this meeting, especially since I was
entrusted as custodian of the PC speakers and extension lead. I hope
you weren't in silence. I was meaning to attend, but got waylaid
at the last minute - in future if I can't make it, I vow to pass on
the kit to someone else.

I promise to attend in July for David's sound talk. I might have some
knowledge to chip in with as I'm going on a course next week about Linux
Audio:

http://goto10.org/folly-summer-school-of-sound/

Cheers
--