[Herts] Command Line Bingo

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Fri Mar 23 12:28:04 GMT 2007

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Paul Dixon wrote:
> At the last meeting I floated the idea of assigning 3 people a random
> GNU/Linux command from /usr/bin with the idea of them giving a 3
> minute talk about it. Enough people seemed to like the idea, so I'll
> try to organise this!

Good idea.  I'll take "echo" :)

> Once the (hint hint) new website is up, hopefully with a (further
> hint) wiki, each person could also write up a little wiki page on
> their presentation to provide something permanently useful.

Yup, good idea.  I'll work with James and see if we can get a basic new
site up sometime soon.  Even if it's just what I did so far expanded a
bit, it'll do for now, we can then make improvements in time.

Dokuwiki should be a doddle to set up, I'll see if I can do that this
weekend.

Nicolas, can we set up DNS entries?  If so, we could set up
wiki.herts.lug.org.uk?  Otherwise, I think dokuwiki could be installed in
a subdir, so www.herts.lug.org.uk/wiki/ - I'll see how easy that is to set
up.

Cheers

Dave P