[Herts] AGM Report and Ubuntu Server Question!

nicolas nicolas at jetblackjelly.com
Fri May 11 22:36:57 BST 2007

Hi,

Well we did not have a 4 hour AGM! Great news about the rent as it
remains at £180 for the next year, so there was no problem agreeing to
the same subs as before, plus we now have £108 in "float", so there is
money to pay petrol for speakers etc, or to look at getting a projector
/ hiring one from a member.

The following people have now paid the annual subs

Steve Clark
Malcolm Smith
Rob Davis
Tony Friis
Kevin Parkes
Cliff Deamer
James Ronan
Stuart Hammond
David Precious
Nicolas
Brian

A couple more people are due to pay next month, Remember just £15 for
membership until April 2008! So hurry!
Subs for non members attending meetings remain at £2.50 per meeting.

Rob gave a follow up talk about Blender, which was very good. Cliff
donated some powered speakers and mains leads, so we should be well set
for future demos etc.

Time to think about talks etc for the coming year!

Ubuntu Server Question - I have successfully installed Ubuntu server
edition, it all starts up fine loading everything along the way, but
ends with a flashing cursor. Pressing enter goes straight to the command
line, but it is a little odd. Any ideas?

Regards
Nicolas