[Herts] Disabling IP 6

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Mon May 14 08:40:51 BST 2007

> On Sunday 13 May 2007 18:14:38 Cliff Deamer wrote:
>> Hi David,
>> I wasn't sure how to find the "aliases" hence my question to Nicolas,
>> his suggestion of "alias net-pf-10 off" works for me. I cannot really
>> quantify the improvement in speed but it is certainly significant.
>> Thanks for the input.
>> Cliff

> I'm going to give it a go. I've just done a fresh install of Feisty aft=
er=20
> getting a disk error. I just have a few issues to sort out, e.g. gettin=
g my=20
> graphics properly supported, but generally it went well.

I disabled ipv6, but didn't notice a huge difference. Still, if it is
unnecessary, then what's the harm?

I made some progress with my Feisty install, but it looks like they
broke a few things in this version, including the nvidia support. That
worked better when I did an upgrade. If I want to do some audio work,
then maybe I should be looking at the new Ubuntu Studio variant. That
can wait until after I sort out upgrading my PC to something dual core.

--=20