[Herts] FW: [Lonix] Database and Web talks

nicolas nicolas at jetblackjelly.com
Tue Oct 9 13:50:42 BST 2007

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: Tushar Joshi [mailto:tjoshi at lonix.org.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 1:31 PM
To: Lonix General
Subject: [Lonix] Database and Web talks

Next tuesday there is a talk on database and web (and I'm even doing a
talk) if anyone is interested. I plan a lonix meeting afterwards too, so
you can make a day of it.

 UKUUG announces the first in a series of one-day seminars:

 "Databases and the Web"
 Tuesday 16th October 2007. 9:30 - 5pm
 Imperial Hotel, Russell Square, London WC1B 5BB

 UKUUG members: ?99.87 inc. VAT
 Non-members: ?146.87 inc. VAT

 For more information including speaker abstracts and biographies see:
 http://www.ukuug.org/events/seminars/databases/

 Provisional Schedule:

 MySQL Database for High Availability Web Applications
 - Tushar Joshi, Turtle Network Systems
 PostgreSQL Web Projects: From Start to Finish
 - Simon Riggs, 2ndQuadrant
 Tuning Tips for Linux and AIX to run a Database
 - Nigel Griffiths, IBM
 Introducing Oracle Application Express: Database
 application development for the web in no time flat
 - Julian Lane, Oracle
 DB2 on Linux for Web Development
 - John Pickford, IBM
 iPlayer Server-Side: The Evolution of an XML Tool-Chain
 - Matthew Browning, BBC