[Herts] This months topic / Space Navigator

spock at canopus22.demon.co.uk spock at canopus22.demon.co.uk
Sat Sep 1 20:49:18 BST 2007

On Sat, Sep 01, 2007 at 11:41:26AM +0100, local.linux at jumpstation.co.uk wrote:
> hi,
>
> I can do a talk on using Windows only USB hardware on Linux, from
> capturing and analysing data to creating a user mode driver.
>
> Anyone interested ?

Sounds good, but I might be unable to attend due to rehearsals.

> In the meantime check out my browser based UFO adventure (v1)
> http://www.jumpstation.co.uk/misc/ufo_map/v1/

Nice, although gameplay is a bit ZX81 here on my PIII450 on dial-up :-)
I don't see any UFO though, just the arrowhead cursor which I can move
around with the cursor keys and do Eastenders flybys. I can't seem to
get the SpaceBar to do anything. Maybe I need to install more browser
magick onto my olde Firefox.

Obviously these guys have it working properly and are watching on screen:
http://www.ufoseries.com/newPhotos/harringtonLooseCollar.jpg

And maybe these would be of use:

3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator
http://www.3dconnexion.com/products/3a1d.php