[Herts] Meeting follow-ups

Malcolm Smith lists at thesmith.org.uk
Wed Apr 9 10:23:42 BST 2008

On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 09:12:26PM -0000, Mike Roberts wrote:
> Somewhat belated, and hopefully succesful this time, response to
> firefox addons.
>
> Useful firefox addons I use:-
>
> FEBE: allows you to backup your firefox profile / bookmarks and
> transfer them to another machine

Or you can just go into your

  /home/username/.mozilla/firefox/rgfjfgd476.default/

directory and copy the relevant files from there. (The directory's
seemingly random name will be different on different machines.)

I keep my bookmarks.html on my website in case anyone is really bored.

And it's helpful to know about other stuff in there, so that for
instance, you can set up your backup tools (you do backups, right? ;-)
to ignore the Cache/ directory while preserving your settings.

Cheers
--
Malcolm
http://www.thesmith.org.uk/