[Herts] Debian on your phone and secret messages

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Fri Aug 22 09:07:08 UTC 2008

I'm not sure how practical that is, but it seems to be possible

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08/20/freerunner_debian/

I'm keeping an eye on Freerunner developments. I fancy it as my next phone,
but I've heard that there are still a lot of issues.

I've mentioned running another keysigning event at a meeting. This doesn't
have to be too formal. Basically you need to create a GPG key for yourself
and then bring along a printout of the key signature and some ID to prove who
you are. More at

http://cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/keysigning_party/en/keysigning_party.html#traditional

If you want to get more advanced then we set up a keyring ages ago on

http://biglumber.com/x/web?keyring=3693

I had another thought about having a LUG day out at Bletchley Park. I've still
not been.

I shall try signing this mail, but they often get invalidated in transit. It
only needs the mailing list to change a byte. I don't know how to avoid that.