[Herts] Gadgets and Linux was Re: Phorm is still out there

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Wed Dec 17 14:56:22 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 17 December 2008 13:20:18 Alan Pope wrote:
> 2008/12/17 Gary Hammond <gary.hammond at e-webspinner.com>:
> > Talking of gadgets, has anyone any experience of banshee for syncing
> > music to an Ipod?
>
> Yup. Wifeys iPod Video 30G. Worked perfectly using Banshee 1.4 on Ubuntu.

Not an iPod, but I bought a Samsung flash player as a gift. When I tried to
put some music on it I found that it was not mounted as a drive due to using
the MTP protocol. I thought this was going to cause me problems, but
eventually discovered that it was supported in Amarok. That works great. The
player does Ogg Vorbis, which was one reason for getting it. I prefer to buy
devices that support open standards.