[Herts] Free UPS follow up info

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Fri Sep 12 08:13:22 UTC 2008

On Thursday 11 September 2008 22:28:01 Mike Roberts wrote:
> Following on from my succesful off loading of a number of UPS' please
> find the collated info about them below:-

Thanks for bringing them in. I'm all for recycling.

> I had a look for more info on linux support as I have some larger 19"
> rack mount chloride models here for myself.

I don't run a server, so I'm assuming it will just give me time to shut down
the PC if the power goes out and I happen to be there. My PC has survived the
odd time when we lost power,

> The battery that the UPS uses is a Panasonic UP-RW1232P1 12V. A
> suitable replacement is the CSB HR1224WF2F1 from MDS Batteries

> The batteries are 15-99 inc VAT + delivery (4-99).

It looks like the delivery charge stays the same if you order several. Does
anyone want to do a joint order?

http://bagofspoons.net