[Herts] Linux counter

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Wed Sep 17 15:41:25 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 17 September 2008 16:09:17 Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 04:04:18PM +0100, Steve Clark wrote:
> > Is this site still relevant? It doesn't seem to get updated much and the
> > user count has hardly changed in the last four years
> >
> > http://counter.li.org/reports/short.php
>
> Their auto-update email address is bouncing now so I am assuming it's
> more or less dead.

You can still update manually, but I wonder how many people do that. I've
logged on once in a while to update my details.

The counter was probably a fun project for someone for a while, but I'm not
sure it would have registered with anyone outside the Linux world. I like to
proclaim that I use it, so do so wherever possible. The Facebook app may get
seen by a few people, although I was having problems to get it to show up on
my profile page. I mainly use Facebook to reach people who do not subscribe
to my blog or other feeds.

BTW Dominic, I see that you and my friend Simon Rumble have signed each
others' public keys according to my keyring. Small world. Not only that, but
another person in Herts LUG had encountered him on a cycling mailing list.