[Herts] Projector?

ROBERTS, Mike mike.roberts at astrium.eads.net
Mon Feb 16 09:54:24 UTC 2009

Urrrm. Just a few years ago the same spec, say 1024X768 or 800x600, would be 1 to 2K ! That is a significant drop to me. The price range you have found was the area I was thinking off although it might be wise to spend a bit more if folks were willing. Maybe we will be lucky and get one for free from a generous benefactor? Perhaps we should consider trying to get one sponsored by a local IT company?

If we dont get a free one then lets look at the cost. So 250 quid, 10 of us put in 25 quid each and it is done.

Lets be positive ;0) I'll put in 50 if it helps to get it going.

As for reliability and lamp life. Is a projector for a LUG that meets for a few hours once a month really going to hammer that 2000hr lamp life? Let's see meeting runs from 7-30 till, say, 11-00 of that time things seldom get going 'till 8-30 and probably wind down nearer 10 to 10-30. So that is approx 2 hours a month. 12 months is 24 hours, if it is used *every* month. 2000 / 24 =  83.333.  So 83 years use ;0) I suspect the electronics will have worn out / failed before the lamp does. Even if through rough treatment we brought the lamp life down to 250 hours that would still be more than 10 years for the LUG to use it for.

I, personally, havent found projectors to be terribly tempremental. I have specced and used them for work and used a number of others in the past years they have all worked fine.

Mike 8-{>

content to any person, but delete this message and any attachments
from your system. Astrium disclaims any and all liability if this