[Herts] Microblogging

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Thu Mar 12 08:41:01 UTC 2009

So did Rob or I influence anyone either way on the merits/safety/etc
of microblogging last night?

If you do want to try it then I would suggest using Identi.ca rather
than Twitter as it is open source and addresses some of the issues
that Rob raised. I can be found there at

http://identi.ca/steevc/

It was good to see so many people there last night. It was interesting
to see my PC booting up an Ubuntu live system over the network. I've
thought about having some sort of diskless PC at home and this might
be a way to do it. Where is a good place to read up on this?

Unfortunately there was not time to look into the issues I'm having
with my PC. I did a fresh install of Kubuntu 8.10 recently, but kept
the home folders I'd been using on 8.04 that have config files dating
back a few versions before that. The main issues I have are with my
nvidia graphics not starting up at the resolution I want and generally
behaving oddly, and with losing sound sometimes when a second user
logs in. I'll keep investigating, but any suggestions are welcome.

http://bagofspoons.net