[Herts] Talk...

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Wed Mar 10 14:26:12 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 10 Mar 2010 13:50:36 John B wrote:
> If anyone is interested I would be happy to do a talk
> on how I used Unix / linux on an industrial robot
> installation for Corus steel to handle and automate
> cutting steel samples from I-Beams.
>
> Ok, this may sound a bit heavy but I have movies
> and would promise not to send you all asleep as I
> would keep the content to a minimum.
> At least its a real world example of an industrial application
> using at one point Debian and would touch on some
> basic Linux Bash administration.

Sounds cool to me. I think we need variety in our talks. Even 5 minutes on a
new app someone has found would be good. There should still be plenty of time
for general chat.

> I would not be able to this on Thurs but would sort it for
> a latter meeting if anyone would be interested?
>
> I'm quite keen to hear your encryption talk Steve
> so thanks...

Don't expect too much. I've done one ages ago, but don't have any notes. I've
played around with encryption in the past, but it has not taken off generally.
I actually have some problems making it work in Kmail these days. I'll talk
about the general concepts and then people can go off and explore the options.