[Herts] Corrupt GPG signatures Re: ** Tonight **

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Fri Sep 10 14:01:26 UTC 2010

I've been trying to work out why my gpg signatures always come out as invalid
when I post to this list. I'm using PGP/MIME encoding and part of the text for
that is getting changes along the way.

I noticed that emails from David have valid signatures, but he is using
'Traditional' encoding which doesn't add any special text.

http://www.phildev.net/pgp/pgp_clear_vs_mime.html

Perhaps I should revert to traditional, but PGP/MIME seems to be preferred
these days. Kmail understands both methods and shows the email with indicators
of the signature validity.

Anyone know more about this?

I won't bother signing this one until I work things out.

Interesting evening last night even if we didn't get on-line. The iPad is a
cool device, but I can't wait to see a more open alternative.