[Herts] Freeview USB stick with a Netbook ?

Andrew Benham adsb at adsb.co.uk
Tue Sep 14 13:44:17 UTC 2010

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic...

I'm contemplating buying a netbook (perhaps a Samsung) to
avoid lugging a heavier laptop around.  One of my intended
uses would be to plug my Freeview USB stick tuner into the
netbook.  But the thought has crossed my mind - is a netbook
going to have the horse-power to decode the data stream and
display video (and audio) ?

The USB stick tuner says it needs a 1.2GHz CPU or better -
most of the Atom-based Netbooks are spec'd faster than that,
but is CPU speed the whole story here ?

--
Andrew Benham     Southgate, London N14, United Kingdom

The gates in my computer are AND OR and NOT, not "Bill"