[Herts] Malcolm, did you write up your Grub presentation notes ?

Malcolm Smith lists at thesmith.org.uk
Mon Sep 27 01:11:18 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 09:46:52PM +0000, local.linux at jumpstation.co.uk wrote:
> Hi Malcolm,
>
> I wondered if you wrote up your GRUB presentation notes.

Yes, and I bet you'd also like me to be able to find them too... :)
Sadly they elude me tonight, so I won't bore you with them just yet.

> Or if anyone can remember what the command was to identify an attached but not
> mounted file system.
> I just need to check if a drive is NTFS before I mount it now an then.

One of these might be what you seek:
(I seem to remember you expressing wonderment at the second one :)

# fdisk -l
# blkid /dev/sda7
# vol_id /dev/sda7   # not all distros have this command IIUC

See also this helpful directory:
# ls -l /dev/disk/by-*

> Plus I really want to create a machine that boots live CD ISOs.

BTW, Sidux has now been reborn minus legal issues as:

http://aptosid.com/

Cheers
--
Malcolm