[Herts] Local Council Meeting

Tim tim at onebamboo.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 21:13:38 UTC 2011

Hi Jacob
I haven't been to the Herts group lately but I would be very happy to
accompany you to the meeting.
You give a time but no date.
I have been using Ubuntu for 4 or 5 years. I have also set my system up
to have windows XP as a virtual machine which I use when I really have
to.
I live in Welham Green. I am in the process of installing a computer in
our local Social Club, with the view of assisting 'older' or non-users
to try using computers. It is using Ubuntu as its OS because it is easy
to install, easy to upgrade, no headaches with viruses etc and I intend
to add help screens or documents for the 'forgetful' or occasional users
to remind them of how to use it. Also it will have Mythtv running - so
offering a TV DVR with web and computer as a single unit.
Contact me
Tim

--
Tim Marshall