[Herts] Meeting: Herts LUG - Thursday 13th October 2011 - Topics discussed

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Fri Oct 14 12:49:54 UTC 2011

On 14 October 2011 00:05, nicolas <nicolas at jetblackjelly.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Rocket link
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/10/10/qu8k_launch/
>
> I expect Mike will have seen that from down in NZ. BTW I did like your
Hackintosh. Don't really need one, but nice to see it in action.

I mentioned the M-Audio Delta 66 audio card I picked up recently. Works
perfectly. I've been adding to a wiki page to help those looking for info.
The Sound on Sound review includes the Omni i/o box I also got.

http://wiki.linuxmusicians.com/doku.php?id=m-audio_delta

Finding good information on which audio interfaces work on Linux can be
tricky, which is why I've been working on the wiki. Information tends to be
out of date or incomplete. I went for the M-Audio in the end as it has been
supported for many years and does what I need.

Malc was asking about lightweight music players for Windows. I use Billy at
work. You just select a directory and it plays everything there

http://www.sheepfriends.com/?page=billy