[Herts] Meeting: Herts LUG - Thursday 10th May 2012 - The Future Of Our LUG?

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Sun May 6 20:57:17 UTC 2012

On 06/05/12 14:29, Nicolas Pike wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Next Meeting : Herts LUG - Thursday 10th May 2012
> Time: 7:30 pm onwards.
> Venue: Shephall Community Centre Shephall Green, Stevenage, Herts, SG2 9XR
> Map: SG2 9XR
>
> Featuring
>
> Talk - The Future Of Our LUG?
>
> If we are continuing subs are due. The room hire has increased
> slightly to £18 per meeting.
> Sounds like you had a good meeting last month, sorry I missed it!
> It would be great if we can find a way to continue.

I'll try to make it this time. Unless we can get the numbers up a bit I
wonder if we can justify paying that much each month. It is a good venue
in that we have our own space with internet, but still have the bar for
those who like to have a drink. I didn't go to the old pub meetings, but
I can imagine the issues with that sort of venue.

Has there been much talk about how we are currently reaching new people?
I publicise the meetings on the various social media I use, but I'm not
sure if that has actually brought additional people to a meeting. I know
it goes against some peoples' principles, but I do think that an LUG
presence on Google+ and Facebook could be of benefit given the large
proportion of internet users who use them.

Anyway, I don't have much new to report on the computing front, but
always enjoy the chats I have at our meetings. So hope to see you there.

Oh, I did start a new blog about making music that has some Linux
content http://studiospoon.blogspot.co.uk/