[Herts] QGIS Help

Mike Roberts hertslug at mikerobe.org
Fri Jun 5 17:02:11 UTC 2015

I dont know if Paul is still reading this here or not.

I was speaking to him at the Hitchin Hackspace on Monday night. I have
downloaded QGIS but seem to be banging my head against a brick wall when
it comes to importing or translating / transforming files from one
coordinate system to another. I have tried the following:-

starting a project as WGS84 EPSG:4326 importing files and trying to
convert OTF files which are OSGB 1936 EPSG:4277

starting a project as OSGB 1936 EPSG:4277 importing files and trying to
convert OTF files which are OWGS84 EPSG:4326

I have tried tutorials and the QGIS User Guide Release 2.8 and just
cannot seem to get anything to work. Can provide a sample file of each
sort. Whatever I do the two files import miles apart not on top of each
other...

Help!
  ;)

Mike 8{>