[Hudlug] Fwd: Re: [newbie] MLdonkey

Rob Shakir hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Nov 1 22:07:01 2002

> Ick! I hope you don't leave your PCs unlocked at work when your away from
> them...
> Leaving long term connections open to remote machines for whatever reason is
> another move that's less than smart. Of course you may have no other option
> in some cases, so please tell me that you at least lock your machines when
> you go for a coffee/fag/leave for the evening...
>
> If the remote machine has bash2, you could always disown the process too.
>
> C.

Hi guys,

This bit of the conversation interested, me, the act of locking a
workstation, I know that it is possible in Windows NT, but is it
possible in Linux? I know that KDE has the "screen lock" thing, but then
is it not possible to have the machine switch into a different terminal
using CTRL+ALT+An F Key?

So what do you recommend for keeping the machine secure when you leave
it off? At a LAN Party when I took my PC and I left that open, I just
left it with a login terminal on the screen by my Xsession was still
open in the background along with some other stuff.

Thanks
Shak

--

             (o_    Shak - Rob Shakir <rob.shakir@ntlworld.com>
 (o_   (o_   //\    "Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good if