[Hudlug] VMS mail

Chris Lindley hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Nov 8 16:18:01 2002

Hi all,

Does anybody know much about VMS?

I have a larg amount of mail in my old VMS a/c at University.

IDeally I would like to transfer all my VMS mail over to my Linux
machine.

I thought this would be easy as I use Pine on the VMS a/c, and was just
going to transfer all the files across then use Pine here.

However mail is stored in VMS mail format, which seems to be nothing on
earth i've come across before!!  ...and consequently Pine does not
recognise it as mail!!

Do if anybody has any ideas I'd be most grateful

At the moment all I can think of is writing some perl script to convert
the lot into something like mbox format which I could then import into
Evolution!

Cheers
Chris

--