[Hudlug] KDE3.1 beta on debian

Chris Lindley hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Oct 29 08:59:02 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 05:26, Mark Anderson wrote:
> Chris Lindley wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > just to let you debianers know, that there's some experimental KDE3.1
> > beta debs out there!
>
> I was previously using the 3.0.3 debs from kde.org which weren't too
> bad. The problem I have with these debs is that kdesktop and kcontrol
> have dependency problems with each other.
>
> I can understand some unofficial debs conflicting with official
> packages, but I was just wondering if anyone else has had problems with
> these ones.

Hmm, perhaps I was a little premature in posting this!

I have exactly the same problem!

I've tried to remove kde3, and reinstall in a different order, but no
joy.  I've managed to get either kcontrol, but no desktop, or the
desktop with no control centre!!!

Also I;ve noticed, that if I put the sound module onto "full duplex"
setting, it locks up the entire system, hard.  Not had something do this
for a while!

Come on hardware buffs, with a SB16 card and kernel 2.4.19 using the OSS
drivers, is this common?

Cheers
Chris