[Hudlug] Blueyonder Broadband

hudlug@mailman.lug.org.uk hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Sep 9 15:03:01 2002

Quoting Tim Bray <tim@kooky.org>:

> > The client machines are all windows 98/XP, and the router is Redhat
> 7.2 if it
> > makes any difference.
>
> Be very careful with RH and security.  You will get hacked unless you
> have all the latest security patches installed.  The last I heard, you
>
> had to pay for redhatnetwork to get security updates.
>

> Tim
Hi,

I'm currently looking at using apt4rpm to update packages.  Not having internet
access for the redhat machine yet, I'm not sure how well it will work.
However, it is free as opposed to $60/year which Redhat try to charge - so I'm
going to try and get it running.
Worth an article on the website if it works?

--
Richard Kirkcaldy

This mail sent through IMP: webmail.brad.ac.uk