[Hudlug] Telephone exchange for HD5 8XP... (and ADSL)

Tim hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Feb 6 13:29:00 2003

Thunder wrote:
> hiya
>
> well i still gotta get *dsl installed :P (cant afford it mainly atm),
> but according to all the phone number checker sites, my exchange is
> available.
>
> As an asidem, what dsl modem would people recommend for use with a linux
> firewall/router. i would prefer ethernet connection as opposed toa  usb
> one, but if i had to i could go usb (bit of a pc upgrade needed in this
> case :P). I play a lot of online games so one that performed well in
> this area would be advantageous.

The Draytek 2600 seems to be good.  I have them in stock here, although
we usually bundle them with other things.  I can work out a price if you
just want one.

I also recommend that you go to one of the ISP's (like zen or anlx) who
can do you a block of real IP addresses and don't change anymore (yes,
even on the domestic package).  Then you can give all your computers
real IP addresses and don't mess around with stupid NATS.

Tim