[Hudlug] The great Huddersfield Broadband Survey

Richard Kirkcaldy hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jan 6 15:22:00 2003

Hi,
I've got ADSL from BT OpenWorld in Saddleworth (Uppermill to
be precise).  Generally that's pretty good, but my firewall is quite busy.

In Bradford (centre) the lookup thing on the NTL website said we could get
cable, but when we came to order you can only get it on the other side of the
street (there being few houses on our side, so they didn't bother cabling
it).
We can now get ADSL if we want, but it took absolutely ages.  When you get
a new phoneline they spend a couple of months checking to see if ADSL
would work on the line.

HTH

Richard Kirkcaldy
--